FORGERY!! By Pro-Tekheleth video

Username: Mr. Genugshoin
Full Name: Gimpel Genugshoin

Doorknob wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:15 am I don't think there is an accurate English translation here. Translation should be something like "clothing dyed with murex", but there is no English word for that. (As opposed to Latin)

Source? From context it's pretty clear that Blume is right

"Not a vacation, eviction!"
Duss is derech eretz???!! Zug mir--
It's a BULLZODER!! A bullzoder!!
Username: Doorknob
Full Name: Yosef Levitansky

Mr. wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:05 am
Doorknob wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:15 am I don't think there is an accurate English translation here. Translation should be something like "clothing dyed with murex", but there is no English word for that. (As opposed to Latin)

I am not disagreeing Blume, he picked the best word available in English. But purple from a source other than the murex would not be purpura and muricis, do you agree?

Doorknob wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:07 am

I am not disagreeing Blume, he picked the best word available in English. But purple from a source other than the murex would not be purpura and muricis, do you agree?

Muricis probably refers to the creature, but purpurae in context is refering to color (although it is likely that fake purple wouldn't be called purple)

rhecht wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:52 am
Mr. wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:05 am Peach never refers to BOTH the fruit and the color. Here purple is refering to the color only.

So yes- this is a FORGERY. Wait- you said something about "the truth"?
If you can't behave like a mentch and exhibit Derech Eretz, I will remove you from this forum. This is a warning.

I apologize. I didn't mean to insult you.
"Not a vacation, eviction!"
Duss is derech eretz???!! Zug mir--
It's a BULLZODER!! A bullzoder!!
Username: Doorknob
Full Name: Yosef Levitansky

Doorknob wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:07 am

Muricis probably refers to the creature, but purpurae in context is refering to color (although it is likely that fake purple wouldn't be called purple)

Nah, highly unlikely its referring to the creature.
More accurate definition of these words are probably "murex-purple"